Add webradios to Rhythmbox

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Osmario
Level 3
Level 3

Add webradios to Rhythmbox

Post by Osmario »

Good day
Does someone know how to add stream web radios do Rhythm-box? Or at least a tutorial to teach how to?

thanks in advance
Osmario
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
redlined

Re: Add webradios to Rhythmbox

Post by redlined »

hi Osmario,

The simplest trick, from my experience, is to determine the actual stream URL as many sites seem to like to hide this (from non-prying eyes :wink: it usually ends in .pls, .m3u, .mp3 or somesuch similar and can be found (if not openly linked to on site) by parsing the html for site using dev tools in browser to look at page source.

Another option for you to consider may be a tool I love, which is streamtuner2. It is like a browser for finding (not playing) all manner and genre of streams worldwide and recently went through some very responsive dev assisted by phd21 as the project owner (also named Mario:) fixed it up really nice. phd21 even put up a script to compile and build from source with the ease of a double-click (on his script). The .deb also works perfectly and dev intends to get st2 updated to the repos soon as well if it hasn't been already. I am running 2.2.1 apt policy shows 2.2.0_dsfg-1 available in repos so perhaps his pushed update is done and just apt install streamtuner2 will get you up and running fine.

To learn more about st2 and working it to feed music listening apps the streams you want to listen to see this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=283260

edit to add: spaced out the next step, get it into rhythmbox for playing... Once you have url for stream, like this I got from open properties of an indie station in st2: http://37.59.38.180:7654/listen.pls?sid=1
Open rhythmbox and on left side select radio and top center click add, the popup will be prefilled with clipboard contents (if copied from somewhere), click save and then highlight the new url/station and click play... (Bubbling Sounds is playing Yacht - I thought the future would be cooler", lol, me too 8)
Osmario
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Add webradios to Rhythmbox

Post by Osmario »

Thanks.
I really appreciate your trick.

Return to “Sound”