No audio when playing. MOV files with Movie Player

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
itsmejerry04

No audio when playing. MOV files with Movie Player

Post by itsmejerry04 »

When playing. Mov files with the pre-installed Sony Movie app there is no audio. Is there a setting I can change to fix this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: No audio when playing. MOV files with Movie Player

Post by phd21 »

Hi itsmejerry04,
itsmejerry04 wrote:When playing. Mov files with the pre-installed Sony Movie app there is no audio. Is there a setting I can change to fix this?
Did you install the 3rd party software when you installed Linux Mint? If not, check the "Synaptic Package Manager (SPM)" to see if "mint-meta-codecs" is installed.

It could be the ".mov" files are using a specific audio codec that is not installed. Have you tried VLC or SMplayer to play the movies? If you install "mediainfo" and "mediainfo-gui" and then right-click one of these ".mov" files that is not playing audio and open with mediainfo, it will tell us and you what video and audio codecs the video was created with. Then if need be, you can install the necessary audio codecs to play them.

What "pre-installed Sony Movie app"?

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Sound”