What's the secret with Banshee and Last.fm?

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Copa360
Level 2
Level 2

What's the secret with Banshee and Last.fm?

Postby Copa360 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:14 pm

I've never really used Last.fm before, but since it's built-in to Banshee and RhythmBox, I figured I'd give it a try. I created an account and set it up in both players. It works in RB, but in Banshee (which seem to work a little better on my system), it logs in, selects some songs, but when I try to play them the green arrow shows up for a second or two and then changes to an "x", and that's it. Is there some configuration setting I may be overlooking?

atlef
Level 4
Level 4

Re: What's the secret with Banshee and Last.fm?

Postby atlef » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:41 am

This happens to me as well. Do not know what is wrong as both RhythmBox and the Last.fm player works just fine. This only happened a few days ago, so some thing has changed.
Will continue searching for a solution, and will post it as soon as I find the answer.
But if someone beats me to it, please post here, as I have found Banshee to be a great player and want to continue to use it.

atlef.

Copa360
Level 2
Level 2

Re: What's the secret with Banshee and Last.fm?

Postby Copa360 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:58 am

Okay, since I posted my original post, I had something else happen. I was listening to last.fm in RhythmBox for a little while and decided to check my memory usage. To my surprise, I see my total memory usage constantly increasing. It was around 300MB... I watched it grow until it got over 500 MB. The only other thing open was Firefox. I closed it... Didn't stop it. I closed RB... Didn't stop it. Odd thing, the rhythmbox process didn't stop. It changed to a status of "Zombie" and I could not kill it. Meanwhile, the memory usage kept going up so I finally rebooted. This has never happened before and has not happened since, but I have not tried last since then.

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”