Autoplay Audio cd

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:14 am
Location: France

Autoplay Audio cd

Postby solar1951 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:13 am

Hi, really simple question I hope.
I have searched on the Ubuntu forums as well but mint seems to treat this differently.
When I insert an audio cd in the drive the only option I have is to open disc copier, there is not an option to play.
There is also no option in the nautilus action media folder apart from "ask what to do" or "open disc copier"
How can I get vlc to autoplay cds in mint Elyssa.
Thanks for your help.

altair4
Level 17
Level 17
Posts: 7950
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Autoplay Audio cd

Postby altair4 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:52 am

Is this what you're looking for:

Nautilus ( Home Folder ) > Edit > Preferences > Media tab

Or is this what you have tried and it only has "ask what to do" and "Open Disk Copier" ?
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.

solar1951
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:14 am
Location: France

Re: Autoplay Audio cd

Postby solar1951 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:33 am

altair4 wrote:Is this what you're looking for:

Nautilus ( Home Folder ) > Edit > Preferences > Media tab

Or is this what you have tried and it only has "ask what to do" and "Open Disk Copier" ?


This is what I have tried and only those options are available

altair4
Level 17
Level 17
Posts: 7950
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Autoplay Audio cd

Postby altair4 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:57 am

When you go to Nautilus ( Home Folder ) > Edit > Preferences > Media tab and open the combo box ( drop down menu ) for "CD Audio" there should be at the very bottom an option labeled "Open with other Application" which will allow you to choose whatever you want. Is that option missing?
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.

solar1951
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:14 am
Location: France

Re: Autoplay Audio cd

Postby solar1951 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:10 am

altair4 wrote:When you go to Nautilus ( Home Folder ) > Edit > Preferences > Media tab and open the combo box ( drop down menu ) for "CD Audio" there should be at the very bottom an option labeled "Open with other Application" which will allow you to choose whatever you want. Is that option missing?

Her is a screenshot of the options available
Screenshot-File Management Preferences.png
Screenshot-File Management Preferences.png (73.36 KiB) Viewed 774 times

solar1951
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:14 am
Location: France

Re: Autoplay Audio cd

Postby solar1951 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:46 pm

solar1951 wrote:
altair4 wrote:When you go to Nautilus ( Home Folder ) > Edit > Preferences > Media tab and open the combo box ( drop down menu ) for "CD Audio" there should be at the very bottom an option labeled "Open with other Application" which will allow you to choose whatever you want. Is that option missing?

Her is a screenshot of the options available
Screenshot-File Management Preferences.png


Thought I would bump this to see if anyone had any ideas :?


Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests