Scorch Plugin on Linux

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Liszt

Scorch Plugin on Linux

Post by Liszt »

Hi,

I would like to be able to view Sibelius files (that are viewed using Scorch plugin) but this does not work on Linux. There are some old posts on other sites that seem to solve the problem for Scorch version 5 but you can no longer get version 5 and even if you had it it probably wouldn't work (from memory every time a new version came out the Sibeliusmusic website forced you to download it to view files or they would no longer work on old version or something). The fix for version 5 using WINE does not work (ie installing Firefox in Wine, installing Scorch and copying dlls to Firefox plugins directory). If you do this the plugin will start to load but then Firefox crashes instead of loading the music. Any ideas? Help would be much appreciated. Using the latest stable version of WINE (1.0.1).

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Scorch Plugin on Linux

Post by Husse »

I have never heard of this type of software before
The solution I find is to use Wine, but the success is limited
A plethora of Linux sound programs can be found here
Lilypond is a notation program for Linux (Mac and Windows)
You can install it directly from Synaptic/apt as well as RoseGarden a graphical interface
This is about as far as I get

Return to “Sound”