Microphone Issues Linux Mint Chrome & GoToMeeting. Input audio cuts out after a few minutes.

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Kendoori
Level 4
Level 4

Microphone Issues Linux Mint Chrome & GoToMeeting. Input audio cuts out after a few minutes.

Post by Kendoori »

For the last few weeks during sessions where I use the GoToMeeting web client from Linux Mint (Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on 19.3 Cinnamon, the microphone cuts out after several minutes. I have used a wired and wireless headset with the same results. It doesn't appear that there is a specific GoToMeeting extension that I can reinstall. I am not sure how to troubleshoot this. Audio otherwise works properly (input and output) with other applications (in Chrome and not).

MrEen
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Microphone Issues Linux Mint Chrome & GoToMeeting. Input audio cuts out after a few minutes.

Post by MrEen »

Hi Kendoori.

I don't know that I've seen an issue like that before. The best suggestion I can make at the moment is to install and run PulseAudio Volume Control. Keep an eye on the Recording tab while using GoToMeeting to see if the input is switching devices when you lose the audio. If so, you should be able to click on it to switch it back.

Kendoori
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Microphone Issues Linux Mint Chrome & GoToMeeting. Input audio cuts out after a few minutes.

Post by Kendoori »

@MrEen I saw some other posts you've had about resetting Pulse, which I did. I also completely wiped Chrome and Chromium (and their remnants), and upgraded to a different kernel (5.3). Maybe I will get lucky and one of these things will have fixed it. If not, I'm going to try from a Live USB to see if I can reproduce there.
Last edited by Kendoori on Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrEen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by MrEen »

Sounds good. Let us know how it goes.

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”