pausing a live stream

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
buteman
Level 4
Level 4

pausing a live stream

Post by buteman »

I have been viewing videos from a streaming service for some time on my laptop, Roku box, android phone or android tablet.
From time to time I have paused the video on my tablet and then resumed it. I have done the same on my phone and recently found that pressing the * button on the Roku toggles pause/play. They all work without problems.
Now it's different on my PC because I view the stream from Firefox and if I press the spacebar it does pause but when pressing it again it jumps forward to the point the video is up to missing out the whole of the time it was paused. I tried it with Chrome and it does the same.
Is there some setting or add in which will make it work as the other devices do?
buteman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: pausing a live stream

Post by buteman »

Having tried many different things to try to resolve this problem I see that on the PC the options are Play/Stop but on the other devices they are Play/Pause/Stop. Also on the PC JW player is embedded and that is what is playing the stream. I cannot find out if this is the case on the other devices or if they manage it in a different way to the PC.
Does anyone have any idea if there is any way to resolve this problem?

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”