totem and youtube [solved] goto page 2 to see how

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
jcarvalho
Level 1
Level 1

Re: totem and youtube

Post by jcarvalho »

lexon wrote:
jcarvalho wrote:can someone copy and paste here the youtube.py stored on /usb/lib/totem/plugins/ for me to try to overwrite the file and test?
Here is a zip file of the four files that are in plugins on my Mint 7 Gnome desktop.

lex
many thanks for the file... here didnt worked... same result... search goes well and when i click the cannot find the specified movie error pops up...
lexon
Level 6
Level 6

Post by lexon »

Ok, but let us know when you find a solution. By the way, you never did tell us what the you tube video is about, person, place, etc. Maybe a little more information. I would try searching you tube myself for the video.

lex
Lindows, Linspire, Freespire, Ubuntu, Mint 15 Cinnamon, Mint 16 XFCE, Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit. MInt 18 64 bit Cinnamon.
The_Weaver
Level 1
Level 1

Post by The_Weaver »

I get the same problem when trying to view Youtube video in Totem. (it's ok in a browser)
jcarvalho
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jcarvalho »

I have found the solution for this error... simply download and extract the file in attachment to th desktop for example and execute in a console this: sudo patch /usr/lib/totem/plugins/youtube/youtube.py totem_plugins_youtube.py.patch
EnthusOcn
Level 1
Level 1

Re: totem and youtube [solved] goto page 2 to see how

Post by EnthusOcn »

Hello!

Thank you for patching this. Your solution works great. For those noobs like me, let me tell you how to get this patch working. It took me a full 60 seconds.

You will need to start the Package Manager (not mintInstall) and do a search for "Patch". Install the "Apply a diff file to an original" package.

Then you can do the above. Now I need to find out if I can use this to view the Comedy Network .ca full screen, since flash doesn't work to well when you try to full screen it.

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”