Annoying things - Blue Tooth Beeps.

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Phuxxi
Level 1
Level 1

Annoying things - Blue Tooth Beeps.

Post by Phuxxi »

The only device I have that does this is the Mint OS on a laptop.

When the bluetooth speaker is running a signal from an active video or audio player.... it just runs and it's fine.

But when I stop the video / audio - the blue tooth software in the laptop, sends a beep every two minutes to remind me that the blue tooth sender is idle.

I do not need a beep every two minutes to remind me that I have paused the audio (or the program producing the audio).

Now I HAVE looked in the power settings, the bluetooth settings and the sound settings , looking for a way to turn this annoying unhelpful "deedoo" sound off, but I have not as yet found it.

It's unnecessary and annoying and needs to be deleted from the OS / software.

Does anyone have any experience in killing off this idiot "reminder" function, because if you can help me, both to get rid of it and have it eliminated from the OS / software, it would be really appreciated.
MrEen
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Annoying things - Blue Tooth Beeps.

Post by MrEen »

Hi Phuxxi,

I suspect that might be a low battery beep. I really don't think there's anything in the OS causing this. I could be wrong though.

In case I'm wrong, you could see if this helps (which will also help if it's the device causing this potentailly):

In the terminal run xed admin:///etc/pulse/default.pa and when the file opens find this section:

Code: Select all

### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
load-module module-suspend-on-idle
Change it to this:

Code: Select all

### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
# load-module module-suspend-on-idle
Save the file and reboot and see if you're deedoop free.

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”