My sound keeps giving little crashes [SOLVED]

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
joaovlg
Level 1
Level 1

My sound keeps giving little crashes [SOLVED]

Post by joaovlg »

Hello guys. I'm using Linux Mint 20 and my sound is making little chokes. I dint have this problem before (linux mint 19.3 or before). Every 5 or 10 minutes or even less the sound gives an error. It doesn't matter if I listen to music on the computer or on the internet, it happens all the time. On windows I don't have this problem, it's a realtek audio card. If you need any of those commands to show the hardware just say.

Seems like I'm using a 1/16 loop all time, its totally annoying, and it's a reason why i'm still using dual-boot, linux is amazing but for no reason it sucks on basic thing like audio or wifi.

Here you can listen to the problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QB4nad ... sp=sharing (It happens around 1:20 )
Last edited by joaovlg on Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrEen
Level 22
Level 22

Re: My sound keeps giving little crashes

Post by MrEen »

Hi joaovlg, and welcome to the forum.

My first suspicion would be something with a high priority is firing off when this occurs. We can see if increasing the audio priority prevents this from happening. To do so, follow the steps in this post.
joaovlg
Level 1
Level 1

Re: My sound keeps giving little crashes [SOLVED]

Post by joaovlg »

Thanks my man! Solved my problem, I'm listening my music and so far so good! Saved my night!
MrEen
Level 22
Level 22

Re: My sound keeps giving little crashes [SOLVED]

Post by MrEen »

Hey, that's great!

Glad I could help. :D

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”