Youtube videos going back after changing context? Graphics issue?

Questions about codecs, DVD playback, web plugins...
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
synth45
Level 1
Level 1

Post by synth45 »

Running Linux Mint 20 - Plasma KDE desktop environment. Dell Latitude 6430 on a docking station.

I'm running these Nvidia drivers (https://i.imgur.com/wXQJJtI.png) and I've tried them all with resolution to the issue.

When watching a youtube or Udemy video, the screen will go black after a few seconds when clicking to another window or context. It's not browser-specific because I have the same problem on both Brave and Firefox browsers.

My other machine, which runs Kubuntu doesn't have this problem at all. Has anyone else had this issue before? Any idea what's causing this?
Kadaitcha Man
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Youtube videos going back after changing context? Graphics issue?

Post by Kadaitcha Man »

synth45 wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:57 pm
Running Linux Mint 20 - Plasma KDE desktop environment.
You have created a Frankendesktop. KDE isn't supported on Linux Mint 20, and while some people have got it working, they are few and far between so don't expect assistance with the issue. Most helpers here will give Frankendesktops a wide berth. So, basically, you're on your own because when you do this type of thing, you're expected to know enough to sort out issues without assistance from us. That's not to say that nobody will assist you, it's a heads up to tell you to not expect a solution, but if you get one, well, that's a plus. If you want a KDE desktop, install a KDE distribution.
Coming to a thread near you: Lots of bragging about my AMD 5950X. Currently delayed due to high demand.
It's pronounced kad-eye-cha, not kada-itcha.
karlchen
Level 21
Level 21

Post by karlchen »

Hello, synth45.

Only to let forum users know, who may wish to help you: After having submitted your post here, you also submitted the same post on Reddit. Right?
u/questioner45 wrote:Running Linux Mint 20 - Plasma KDE desktop environment. Dell Latitude 6430 on a docking station. [...]
Regards,
Karl
Linux Mint 19.3 64-bit Cinnamon, Total Commander 9.51 64-bit
Haß gleicht einer Krankheit, dem Miserere, wo man vorne herausgibt, was eigentlich hinten wegsollte. (Goethe)
synth45
Level 1
Level 1

Post by synth45 »

karlchen wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:38 pm
yes

Return to “Sound, Multimedia, & Codecs”