[SOLVED] Bluetooth not working - No bluetooth adapters found

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vigillance

[SOLVED] Bluetooth not working - No bluetooth adapters found

Post by vigillance »

Hello everyone.
I'm brand new to Linux but have been finding Mint an awesome alternative to Windows. I have a dual boot system with windows 10 and Mint 20.

Earlier today, my bluetooth was working fine. I unplugged my computer, drover to my other in laws house, now bluetooth no longer works... In either Windows or in Mint.

Hardware:
Dell xps 13 9300 (2020)
No physical switch on the device to turn on/off bluetooth.

List of updates ran in the last few days:
updates.png

I've been searching the forums but nothing I've found has helped my specific situation.

I've run the following:

Code: Select all

dmesg | egrep -i 'blue|firm'
Which output:
[ 0.130694] ACPI: [Firmware Bug]: BIOS _OSI(Linux) query ignored
[ 1.006789] i915 0000:00:02.0: [drm] Finished loading DMC firmware i915/icl_dmc_ver1_09.bin (v1.9)
[ 4.614383] dell_wmi: firmware scancode 0x48 maps to unrecognized keycode 0xffff
[ 4.614384] dell_wmi: firmware scancode 0x50 maps to unrecognized keycode 0xffff
[ 4.622060] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-Qu-c0-hr-b0-56.ucode failed with error -2
[ 4.624221] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: loaded firmware version 55.d9698065.0 Qu-c0-hr-b0-55.ucode op_mode iwlmvm
[ 4.624241] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwl-debug-yoyo.bin failed with error -2
If anyone could help me out, that would be great.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vigillance

Re: Bluetooth not working - No bluetooth adapters found

Post by vigillance »

I ended up resolving my own problem... Something happened and I was missing files in the bluetooth stack

Ran:

dpkg --list | egrep -i blue
and everything looked fine (but I knew it wasn't), so I tried reinstalling the entire stack:

sudo apt install --reinstall -y bluetooth bluez bluez-firmware bluez-hcidump bluez-cups bluez-tools pulseaudio-module-bluetooth
This gave me an errror
E: Unable to locate package bluez-firmware
So I took bluez-firmware out of the command line and ran the following, which worked.

sudo apt install --reinstall -y bluetooth bluez bluez-hcidump bluez-cups bluez-tools pulseaudio-module-bluetooth

I fully powered the machine down, let it sit for 5 minutes, then powered up again.

Bluetooth was now available. I'm not sure if reinstalling everything fixed it? Or a hard power down and power up?
But it's working and those are the steps I took to fix it.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk...
dhobbs
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [SOLVED] Bluetooth not working - No bluetooth adapters found

Post by dhobbs »

Thanks for taking the time to show how you cured this problem. You have just saved me a hell of a lot of work! :D
joshnuss
Level 1
Level 1

Post by joshnuss »

For me it was solved by doing a hard reboot

sudo shutdown now
nermeenhm
Level 2
Level 2

Post by nermeenhm »

joshnuss wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:44 pm For me it was solved by doing a hard reboot

sudo shutdown now
That solved it for me as well. Thanks a lot.

Return to “Sound”