Record MS Teams or Zoom with Audio with Screen Recorder? [Solved]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kendoori
Level 5
Level 5

Record MS Teams or Zoom with Audio with Screen Recorder? [Solved]

Post by Kendoori »

I often must use MS Teams or Zoom for various meetings and often the hosts are clueless about how to record the meetings (or unable to because of their setup). I will often use Simple Screen Recorder (also vokoScreenNG) and choose "Monitor of...." as the source. The recordings will have the other participants' audio, but not mine. The meeting participants can hear me in real-time.

I seem to recall once having been able to get my audio plus the participants, but don't remember if I did something special to configure for this.

How can I get my audio into the recording of the stream?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Record MS Teams or Zoom with Audio with Screen Recorder?

Post by wallyUSA »

@Kendoori,

I'd like to know this as well. You might find something useful at his website (below)

https://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/

...but it is too techie for me.

Please post if you find a simple solution.

Good luck :!:
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-101 Cinn 6.0.4
Kendoori
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Kendoori »

Wally, I tried Maarten's solution, but the issue is that simply cutting and pasting this command creates latency when your source mike is in the mix:

Code: Select all

pactl load-module module-loopback
It worked, but it was not usable for me.

I do have Jack on my system which I use for playing music via Sonobus, and that gives you a lot more control, but also a lot more config is required. Not sure if I'm going down that rabbit hole yet :-)
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

Kendoori wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:28 pm ... Not sure if I'm going down that rabbit hole yet :-)
This may not be a good fit for you (or me). Perhaps someone will suggest an alternative. :idea:

Wally (formerly from Sarasota)!
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-101 Cinn 6.0.4
Kendoori
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Record MS Teams or Zoom with Audio with Screen Recorder? [Solved]

Post by Kendoori »

Turns out that OBS https://obsproject.com/download can do this easily. I added "screen capture" as a source, and "Pulse Audio Input capture" as an audio source and voila I can capture anything on the screen, including audio.

Return to “Sound”