Microphone intermittent issues.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shaqatk
Level 1
Level 1

Microphone intermittent issues.

Post by shaqatk »

Hello all I'm looking for some help or advice on this issue here.

I have this microphone, the Samson Meteor Mic USB. When it works (more often than not it does) it works well. But often the microphone will blip and stop transmitting sound for a few seconds before it comes back on again. This doesn't stop me from having a conversation but it does cause problems when I say something important and other listeners ask me to repeat myself as they didn't hear it.

Looking into the standard settings I can see the icon for the mic drivers change like it lost its drivers before coming back. I know this problem has been happening on Ubuntu as well which is part of the reason I switched to mint to see if it would fare better (I know they're in the same ball park of OS builds but I had to try mint and I kinda like it better)

I can thoroughly admit I'm a novice in the Linux field to this day despite using it for years now some of the basics still eludes me. I feel this is a software problem but to be sure after I post this I'll confirm this with another USB mic.

I'd really appreciate some input or advice on this if you all have any.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shaqatk
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Microphone intermittent issues.

Post by shaqatk »

So an update. I'll admit I only ever use discord for this but it seems to be happening exclusively on discord. I purchased a blue snowball mic just to be sure it wasn't me and the issue still remains. So not as serious but my question is now on why discord causes my mic levels to randomly drop every 5-10 seconds?

Return to “Sound”