SOLVED: Mint 20.2 regression: very low Bluetooth headset sound

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lehphyro
Level 1
Level 1

SOLVED: Mint 20.2 regression: very low Bluetooth headset sound

Post by lehphyro »

Hi, I've noticed that after upgrading to Mint 20.2, my bluetooth headset sound volume got extremely low, it's was fine before the upgrade, but now 100% volume on Mint is the equivalent of 10% on my phone with the same headset.

Volume levels on alsamixer are 100% on all soundcards, so I don't know where else to look to try to fix this issue.

Any ideas? Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
yitin
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint 20.2 regression: very low Bluetooth headset sound

Post by yitin »

Had you fix the problem?
I face the same issue, i try the way https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... ly-in-arch ,but not solved.

finally, i disconnect headset and poweroff my headset ,then reconnect to my laptop . It is well.
lehphyro
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lehphyro »

Hi, I couldn't find a fix for it.
It corrected itself after powering the laptop off and then back on at some point, but it happened again and I have no clue why this happens...
lehphyro
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lehphyro »

I managed to "fix" it after looking at the link you shared @yitin, this is the relevant section for me because I use Sony WH-1000XM4:
I figured it out a fix for the Sony WF-1000XM3 that might potentially work with other devices: The Sony WF-1000XM3 have an internal volume setting. Windows, Android, and iOS are all apparently smart enough to manipulate this automagically. Not the case with Manjaro/Arch and apparently other Linux distros.
So all I had to do was swipe up on my phone to increase volume :D

Return to “Sound”