System forgets that audio/microphone jacks exist when I unplug headphones

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MJP
Level 1
Level 1

System forgets that audio/microphone jacks exist when I unplug headphones

Post by MJP »

My desktop computer has a pair of jacks for audio / microphone, and it can also send audio through the HDMI to a monitor's built-in speakers. When I start the computer with headphones plugged in to these jacks, the system knows about the audio / microphone device (it appears to be called "Starship / Matisse HD Audio Controller"). But as soon as I unplug the headphones, the system instantly forgets that the device exists, and plugging them back in doesn't remind the system of the device. I can watch the device disappear from the "Sound" program as soon as I unplug the headphones. Only restarting the computer with the headphones plugged in can remind the system that the device exists.

I apologize if this is already a solved problem, but I had no idea how to search for it.

Edit: The headphone and microphone jacks are two separate devices:
Headphones Starship / Matisse HD Audio Controller
Front Microphone Starship / Matisse HD Audio Controller

If I unplug one but not the other, the unplugged device disappears from the Sound program. If I haven't unplugged the other one, I can plug it back in and it will reappear in the Sound program. But if I unplug both of them, they both disappear from the Sound program and never reappear if I plug them back in.

Edit 2: I discovered a command that reactivates the two jack devices (the index of that sound card is 1):

Code: Select all

pacmd set-card-profile 1 output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
However, I want this to occur automatically when I plug something into the jacks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Sound”