Sound acting weird

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
clickers
Level 1
Level 1

Sound acting weird

Post by clickers »

So I just downloaded the latest Linux Mint Cinnamon alongside my Windows 10 (dual-boot) and installed it 2 days ago.

When I boot up my PC, there are 3 possibilities:

1. There is no sound. When I go to the sound settings, it only shows "Digital Output (S/-PDIF) Starship/Matisse HD Audio Controller" (which is selected) and I doesn't output sound.

2. There is sound but buzzy. When I go to the sound settings, it shows the one I mentioned before, and my monitors built-in speakers (which is selected). The audio sounds buzzy.

3. There is sound and it is normal. The same circumstances mentioned on 2., But everything works fine.

When I get 1. or 2. I usually restart and basically it randomly selects one of the three. I restart until I get 3. Is there a solution to this? I can provide screenshots if needed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Sound acting weird

Post by karlchen »

Hello, clickers.

Welcome aboard the Linux Mint forum. :)
May we please get your Linux Mint system information?
Please, find how to share it with us here: How to post your Linux Mint System Information (inxi report)

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Sound”