Bluetooth Earbud Problems

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mfreeman
Level 4
Level 4

Bluetooth Earbud Problems

Post by mfreeman »

Ok, so I was under the (possibly false) impression that Bluetooth audio was a pretty basic standard, so any Bluetooth earbuds should work about the same. So my wife bought a pair of Bluetooth earbuds called Mifo O5 Plus. They were rated quite high by other users. They work beautifully with my wife's Android phone. However, when trying to connect them to any of our Linux Mint computers, they don't work nicely at all. They show up as two separate devices in the Bluetooth devices list (both called "Mifo_O5_PLUS"). I can connect to both, but can only use one at a time, in mono only, though the sound settings, and only one will allow High Quality mode (the one without a mic). So these earbuds seem totally worthless for that purpose. I've used other Bluetooth earbuds on these exact computers and OS, and they just show up as a single Bluetooth device and function exactly as expected. Am I missing something, or are these things just not Linux-friendly? I can find no info about them at all in relation to Linux anywhere online. It's like no Linux user has ever tried them before.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JLC17
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Bluetooth Earbud Problems

Post by JLC17 »

Not really much help to you, but the bottom line is Linux doesn't really do convenient wireless anything.

I never got my earbuds to work properly (i.e. with microphone).

As for screen casting - well that's best left unsaid.

Just to rub it in, not only does Windows 10 do these flawlessly. Even Windows 11 does too.
mfreeman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Bluetooth Earbud Problems

Post by mfreeman »

JLC17 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:53 am Not really much help to you, but the bottom line is Linux doesn't really do convenient wireless anything.

I never got my earbuds to work properly (i.e. with microphone).
I got a different set. Seems to work ok. No mic in these, though, which is fine.
As for screen casting - well that's best left unsaid.

Just to rub it in, not only does Windows 10 do these flawlessly. Even Windows 11 does too.
I'm not sure how screencasting entered the discussion. I didn't mention that. And I really don't care what Windows can and can't do. I personally can't stand Windows. I've never, ever used Windows unless I was forced to for work or school, and it was the worst lame excuse for an OS I've ever had the displeasure of slogging through. I avoid Windows at all times, as much as possible. Use what you want, and I'll do the same.

Return to “Sound”