Microphone in my Blueooth headset is not working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
abdunnafialif
Level 2
Level 2

Microphone in my Blueooth headset is not working

Post by abdunnafialif »

I have bought a new Bluetooth headset, Havit-E500BT. It has a microphone in it which is not working. How can I get it fixed? It's important for me.

Oh ! Another thing.
When I am listening to a video on YouTube, the sound I am hearing is being considered as microphone input. I have noticed this thing. While playing a YouTube video, I opened another tab to perform a voice search on YouTube. I took the words from the video being played.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Microphone in my Blueooth headset is not working

Post by MrEen »

Hi abdunnafialif,

For the mic to have any chance of working you need to have your Bluetooth sound setting set to HSP/HFP and not A2DP. This can be set with PulseAudio Volume Control (pavucontrol) on the Configuration tab.

The second issue is that because there's no input set as yet, it is defaulting to "Monitor of..." which means the input is your output. If the above clears your first issue, it will almost certainly fix your second issue.

Be aware that the quality of sound you hear on the headset will suffer somewhat when changing to HSP/HFP. How much it suffers varies from person to person.

Return to “Sound”