Sound Blaster Audigy 5 RX Driver

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bmolesy
Level 1
Level 1

Sound Blaster Audigy 5 RX Driver

Post by bmolesy »

I contacted Creative Labs for help with finding a driver or something to get my Audigy 5/Rx working. Obviously they couldn't supply a driver, because they aren't supporting Linux. But they did point me to a forum, where I downloaded a file patch_ca0132.c
Running the file through Terminal, has enabled analog surround sound on my Linux Mint 20 os.
It isn't allowing the microphones or input, or front microphone or headphone, to work yet. But, I am wondering, in the many pages of commands in the file, at which point it enables different channels to work, because I would like to add the correct number of channels.
Actually, I should be clear, the file does not say it is designed for 5/Rx. In fact, as far as I'm aware, the chipset on the card, is ca10300, not ca1032. But at least it is a start. The file is designed to support Sound Blaster Z, ZxR, AE-5, R3DI.
I would love to have this solved properly, and at least with this file, I can see what has been done. I just wish I understood programming, and could make necessary adjustments.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Sound”