ASUS T100TA with LM 20.04.3 LTS - No sound

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
klode82
Level 1
Level 1

ASUS T100TA with LM 20.04.3 LTS - No sound

Post by klode82 »

I've Linux Mint on my TA100TA since 2 years, and it worked fine until 2-3 days ago.

I'm working sometimes with headphones, but now I cannot hear any sound, even from headphones nor internal speaker.

If I run this command on terminal:

Code: Select all

pulseaudio
I got this message:

Code: Select all

E: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Daemon already running.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: pa_pid_file_create() non riuscita.
Can someone help me?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ThaCrip
Level 5
Level 5

Re: ASUS T100TA with LM 20.04.3 LTS - No sound

Post by ThaCrip »

I would check to make sure you don't have anything muted first. but if everything looks good there it might not hurt to boot to Mint from bootable media and see if you get any sound from there, or possibly test out windows on it briefly just to make sure the on-board sound is not dead. because I figure if neither of those options work, assuming the sound is not muted, then there is a chance the on-board sound died, especially given you said you tried speakers and headphones (assuming any volume on those is not turned down too low etc) which makes it that much less likely the speakers or headphones are at fault.

you can force pulseaudio to reload by doing... "pulseaudio -k" (without the ") in the terminal.

p.s. my primary PC's motherboards on-board sound died in 2020 (I had the motherboard since May 2012) and I just got one of those cheap USB based sound cards with a 3.5mm jack as it cured my particular issue. plus, after looking up the basic 'ASUS T100TA' it appears that laptop is roughly new in the year 2013.
MainPC: i5-3550 (undervolted by -0.120v (CPU runs 12c cooler) /w stock i3-2120 hs/fan) | 1050 Ti 4GB | 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Backups: AMD E-300 CPU (8GB RAM) / Athlon X2 3600+ CPU (@2.3GHz@1.35v) (4GB RAM) | All /w Mint 21.x-Xfce

Return to “Sound”