Testing my Front Panel's 4-Pole Audio Jack

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Alvin
Level 5
Level 5

Testing my Front Panel's 4-Pole Audio Jack

Post by Alvin »

I use a destop computer, an HP CompaqElite 8300 SFF (vintage 2012-2014?). I bought it used from a refurbisher. I run LM21 on it. The only feature that I have not been able to use is the combined audio mike and stereo headphone jack (4-pole) on the front panel. Ordinarily, I use the front panel's stereo headphone jack (3-pole) and the microphone jack on the rear panel with a separate microphone on a small desktop tripod. The microphone on my headset is, I believe, shorted by the front panel's headphone jack.

I would like to use my headphone's microphone with the 4-pole combination jack on the front panel, but I don't know if the combination jack's input is faulty, or if I simply don't know how to set it up with my computer system. Could someone please suggest how I can check how to set up my combination headphone and microphone, or how to determine if the 4-pole input is faulty?
Last edited by LockBot on Sun May 28, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Sound”