New USB Mic, audio technica problem

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wutsinterweb
Level 6
Level 6

New USB Mic, audio technica problem

Post by wutsinterweb »

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've come here because everything is working so well.

However:

I've been working on my year old website and preparing to do a youtube cast and in preparation I purchased an Audio Technica AT2020USB+ Table Mic, which works well except when my computer sleeps. After brining my computer out of sleep, the mic doesn't work and not even replugging the USB helps. Only rebooting fixes it.

When I first connected it when I got it, I had to reboot for it to be seen.

Is there a decent solution that would eliminate rebooting?
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I've been using Mint for over 4 years, but I'm still a slow learner. I have a website: https://pickfetish.com. It is dedicated to guitar/instrument picks.
wutsinterweb
Level 6
Level 6

Re: New USB Mic, audio technica problem

Post by wutsinterweb »

A couple years ago, some of you showed me how to reload alsa and pavucontrol, I don't remember the commands, but I will try that out.

I tried the things in the before you ask for help commands here and I am unsure if the mike is even seen by Mint, because the one I think it is is called USB camera, but my USB camera, which is a different device, HAS it's own mic. I can't even be sure which one is picking up the audio.
I've been using Mint for over 4 years, but I'm still a slow learner. I have a website: https://pickfetish.com. It is dedicated to guitar/instrument picks.

Return to “Sound”