Not enough sounds in Mint?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bp96

Not enough sounds in Mint?

Post by bp96 »

Why is it that there aren't many sounds for different things in Mint? In Windows, there was a sound played for things like new hardware being inserted/ removed, folder navigation (the clicking sound), error messages etc. Anyway to get sounds similar to Windows in Linux? I mean for the things that had a sound played for different actions and sounds similar to those of Windows. In short: Is there a sound scheme similar to the one of Windows (XP/Vista/7)? And is there a way to get sounds played for more actions such as inserting/removing hardware?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Not enough sounds in Mint?

Post by remoulder »

Have you enabled window and button sounds in Sound Preferences? Unfortunately the implementation of sound themes is determined by Gnome and freedesktop.org and in recent releases it hasn't appeared to have much importance to the point where customization of system sounds and the ability to install new themes has been removed altogether. There is little mint can do about this. For more themes look at http://gnome-look.org/
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
DrHu

Re: Not enough sounds in Mint?

Post by DrHu »

bp96 wrote:In short: Is there a sound scheme similar to the one of Windows (XP/Vista/7)? And is there a way to get sounds played for more actions such as inserting/removing hardware?
I hope this (OS chirps) doesn't become part of a roadmap for Gnome/KDE or Linux
I have to say it: I prefer silence to OS chirping
--I know when I have initiated some action, I don't need an OS chirp to alert me

Return to “Sound”