video problem in MATE not there in Gnome

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gyozu

video problem in MATE not there in Gnome

Post by gyozu »

Yesterday there was a firefox update. I went through the update and install panel. did not have any trouble playing youtube or videos from VeeHd. I was logged in with the MATE desktop.
Turned off machine for the night. After restart today, I could not paly videos from Youtube, Veehd or MSNBC. Checked Shackwave flash it sshows Ver 11.2.r202 that was installed (I Think) by FlashAid.

Went back and cleared just the You tube cookies, but that did not help. Youtube links on several websites still showed up as black boxes.

For no particular reason, I logged out of the MATE desktop and came back in on the Gnome (top choice) desktop and now videos work.

This is on an "as installed and updated" Mint 12 Lisa. 64Bit Dual boot with Win7. everything else seems to be fine so far.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gyozu

Re: video problem in MATE not there in Gnome

Post by gyozu »

Update:

Did not restart machine, but logged out of GNOME and went back in under MATE. Videos seem to be OK now. Maybe the system was a bit confused?

Will report back if things change again tomorrow after restart.

Comments still welcome as I really had no idea how to begin sorting this.

Return to “Sound”