keyboard back light help

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
angelbeast
Level 3
Level 3

keyboard back light help

Post by angelbeast »

I need some serious help before my cat has to find a new home...She was walking on the keyboard and now for the life of me, i can't get the keyboard backlight to work. The lighting in my apt is poor so without the backlight i can't see the keys. I'm running the latest version of mint kde on a razer blade pro...Please help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 19 “Tara” Cinnamon
Razer Blade Pro 17in full HD
angelbeast
Level 3
Level 3

Re: keyboard back light help

Post by angelbeast »

I just upgraded with a fresh install of Tara Cinnamon hoping that would help. But no luck. Can someone tell me how to check the keyboard backlight settings or something, please?
Lord Boltar

Post by Lord Boltar »

Have you checked your bios settings see if it is turned off there
angelbeast
Level 3
Level 3

Post by angelbeast »

Lord Boltar wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:14 am Have you checked your bios settings see if it is turned off there
Hi! Thanks for replying...I did look in the bios a little but i'm not sure where that setting would be and i'm a little nervous to poke around in there too much...
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

angelbeast wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:37 pm
Lord Boltar wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:14 am Have you checked your bios settings see if it is turned off there
Hi! Thanks for replying...I did look in the bios a little but i'm not sure where that setting would be and i'm a little nervous to poke around in there too much...
Read the owner's manual and find the key combination to turn the backlight on. This will be a function of your machine, not Linux Mint.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
addysmith97

Post by addysmith97 »

I think you should try to update the ATK package and Smart Gesture drivers and see if this resolves the problem. Also firstly you have to update the ATK package before the Smart Gesture drivers.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

addysmith97 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:18 am I think you should try to update the ATK package and Smart Gesture drivers and see if this resolves the problem.
?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Lord Boltar

Post by Lord Boltar »

it is probably a key combination like fn + F10 key to turn on or off
adijbr

Post by adijbr »

In my Dell Inspiron is Fn-F6 (a small shining keyboard)

Return to “Hardware Support”