Touchpad not detected on Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AJSH
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Touchpad not detected on Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon

Post by AJSH »

Throwing in my 2 cents for what it's worth:

Dual-booting LM 20.1 Cinnamon on a relatively old Asus ZenBook, touchpad not recognised since a kernel update last month (I think).
Found this thread while looking for solutions, unfortunately none of the suggestions here worked. Booting back into Windows (which I rarely use), found that the touchpad was not detected there either.

What eventually worked for me was updating the BIOS. Turns out an update had come out 2 years ago, I had no idea...

Anyway, maybe your problem has a similar cause?
AV3rse
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AV3rse »

AJSH wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:50 am Throwing in my 2 cents for what it's worth:

Dual-booting LM 20.1 Cinnamon on a relatively old Asus ZenBook, touchpad not recognised since a kernel update last month (I think).
Found this thread while looking for solutions, unfortunately none of the suggestions here worked. Booting back into Windows (which I rarely use), found that the touchpad was not detected there either.

What eventually worked for me was updating the BIOS. Turns out an update had come out 2 years ago, I had no idea...

Anyway, maybe your problem has a similar cause?
Thank you for the suggestion. It's true I hadn't updated the drivers for my computer since around last year, so I did it today.
I went into Windows, downloaded the driver updates from HP (manufacturer of my computer) for the BIOS update and other stuff, and launched them. No errors happened during the whole process afaik, and in particular none during the BIOS update after rebooting the computer.
Despite that, same situation regarding the touchpad detection under LM : undetected and unresponsive in the default configuration, detected (by xinput) and unresponsive with a GRUB edit.
tzofiya
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tzofiya »

Worked great for me - all my problems are solved! Thank you for posting this, :D
wlsnow100
Level 1
Level 1

Post by wlsnow100 »

This worked for a Gigabyte P25 laptop. Thank You

Return to “Hardware Support”