Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
rshol
Level 1
Level 1

WiFi and Trackpad Problems

Post by rshol »

I have installed Linux Mint 13 fully updated on a Vizio CT15-A2 which has a Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 WiFi Adapter and a Sentelic Trackpad. The WiFi adapter will not connect or randomly loses connections to WPA routers and randomly loses connections to open routers.

The trackpad sort of works but I cannot click and drag with it and sometimes it refuses to do anything. I tried adding a file in /etc/modprobe.d that contained the line "options psmouse proto=imps", but this did not improve the situation.

I realize this is likely insufficient information for troubleshooting these problems, but I don't know what information may be necessary (or where to start to get it). Let me know and I'll be happy to post anything else required.

application
Level 1
Level 1

Re: WiFi and Trackpad Problems

Post by application »

I am surprised no one followed up on this. I too have VIZIO laptop CT14, with the same hardware. Indeed I confirm the same wierd WiFI and touchpad behaviors.

I can say more, I also have windows 8, and WiFI does the same thing: drops periodically. I think it is not a driver problem, rather weak card performance in aluminum body. The solution to that is usually change power options to FULL Power - this helps but battery life drops significanty.

Still would like to here how to fix Sentelic driver

red_fire
Level 1
Level 1

Re: WiFi and Trackpad Problems

Post by red_fire »

Hi, I'm interested in this topic too. I'm getting a new laptop next week that comes with AR5BWB222. May I know what driver works with this hardware? My guess is ath5k or ath9k?

Return to “Hardware Support”