Very Strange USB issue

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
argon99

Very Strange USB issue

Post by argon99 »

I have a T61 ThinkPad laptop. I installed Mint 13 Cinnamon edition on it. I use tthis laptop to control my hobby of working with micro controllers. But the Arduino software had the SerialPort selection grayed out. All the normal solutions for this proved fruitless in getting a connection. So I set it aside and installed LXDE on the ThinkPad. Much to my surprise this solved the serial port issue. Something in Cinnamon doesn't work with the usb while it does work with LXDE. Should this be a bug report to the Cinnamon people or what?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Very Strange USB issue

Post by xenopeek »

Did you add LXDE packages to your Linux Mint Cinnamon edition installation, or did you install an earlier Linux Mint LXDE edition?
argon99

Post by argon99 »

I added it to Cinnamon. I did not overwrite anything. I just used Synaptic to install LXDE.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Just to confirm it isn't a kernel issue, as you are then using the same kernel on both Cinnamon and LXDE. I'm not sure what could be causing this.

Return to “Hardware Support”