ASUS X501A-TH31 Laptop

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
brucewagner

ASUS X501A-TH31 Laptop

Post by brucewagner »

I am buying this laptop: ASUS X501A-TH31

Anyone have any experience with any compatibility issues with this model?

Any suggestions on how to find out more about compatibility issues with this model? Google seems to turn up nothing.... as far as I can see.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
yrrchsebor

Re: ASUS X501A-TH31 Laptop

Post by yrrchsebor »

hi, i just saw this post... did you get the laptop? i have the X501A and have it dual-booted with Windows 8 and Mint 14 Mate. i can say it has been great, pretty much everything in Mint works right out of the box: wifi, ethernet, touchpad, sound, etc. i really love the machine too, expecially for the price!

if i had one thing i didn't like so much, it would have to be the Elantech touchpad... it is my first one that doesn't have separate right and left buttons, but is instead more like one big pad. Of course the lower left and right corners do function as left and right buttons, and all that does work in Mint 14. But somehow it is taking some geting used to, and perhaps the overall sensitivty and ease of use is a tad lower in Mint then in Windows. but actually i think i am getting used to it, and it is definitely useable.

i don;t know if you will see this post, haha, but i hope this might help some.

Return to “Hardware Support”