System shutdowm hangs towards the end

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
addiction

System shutdowm hangs towards the end

Post by addiction »

Hello.

I have Linux Mint Mate 14 installed.

I am having an issue with shutting down my system. I get to click on the shutdown button alright, but after the desktop environment exits, the shutdown process gets stuck at this one point every time where there are a bunch of command line outputs printed (they seem like kernel debug messages to me).

I have been able to capture some of the output. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

Below is what I get as output.

[ 2817.828019] ieee80211 phy0: >w10: psmdebug 0xx00c99362, phydebug 0x00010000, psm_brc 0x0300
[ 2817.856505] ieee80211 phy0: >w10: brcms_b_corereset: dma_txreset[3]: cannot stop dma
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jackofall1232

Re: System shutdowm hangs towards the end

Post by jackofall1232 »

I am having this same problem and I am having to power down by holding button down.
mmillani

Re: System shutdowm hangs towards the end

Post by mmillani »

Maybe this topic can help you:
[url]http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=130576[/url]

The problem seems to be wireless related. Turning the wireless off through the hardware switch worked for me, but that has to be done manually every time and is error-prone.
Another solution is to add the following line to ~/.logout:

Code: Select all

rfkill block wifi
The script ~/.logout is run whenever the user logs out. This line will turn off the wireless network. Running with unblock instead of block should turn it back on.

Return to “Hardware Support”