Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
klaxian
Level 1
Level 1

Keyboard Backlight on Asus Zenbook UX31a

Post by klaxian »

I have an Asus Zenbook Prime UX31a running Linux Mint 15 MATE. Fortunately, most of the hardware is supported with the newest kernel. The only thing I'm still having trouble with is controlling the keyboard backlight. When I use the fn keys to increase/decrease backlight, an indicator pops up on the screen as expected. Unfortunately, it always shows the keyboard backlight at 100% and nothing the +/- fn keys don't change it. I have searched Google and forums to no avail.

The asus_nb_wmi module is loaded. Screen brightness, audio, wifi, and other fn keys work normally. How can I control the keyboard backlight?

On a related note, when the laptop is first turned on, the keyboard backlight appears to be at 100%. After waking from sleep, it is sometimes off and sometimes back to 100%.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
roblm
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Keyboard Backlight on Asus Zenbook UX31a

Post by roblm »

There are 3 methods you can try. The first is making a change to the /etc/default/grub file.
See my second post in this topic for more detail:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=133622

Second is to install a newer kernel. This is usually recommended when no other method works, since it can fix one problem buts sometimes break something else, but it can be easily reversed. You can go to the following site to get the kernels:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

I have tested these 3 kernels and did not experience any problems:
v3.8.13.2-raring/
v3.9-rc8-raring/
v3.10-rc5-saucy/

However, your experience may be different. Mint 15 uses the 3.8.0-19 kernel.

Third is editing existing and new configuration files. Look at my second post in this topic:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=135602

I was trying to help another person with the same problem as you have. However, I have not heard from him in 11 days now, so I don't
know if this works. If you want to try it, then you will need to get some information.

Open the Terminal and type: ls /lib/udev/keymaps
and post the results.

Then type: /lib/udev/findkeyboards
and from the result get the input number.

Then type: /lib/udev/keymap -i input/eventX
where X is the input number from the step above and post the results.

Then type: cat /lib/udev/rules.d/95-keymap.rules
and post the results.
klaxian
Level 1
Level 1

Post by klaxian »

Thank you for taking the time to help!

I have tested with kernel 3.8.0-19, 3.8.0-25, 3.9.4-liquorix, and 3.9.0-6 from saucy. All produce the same results.

I already modified /etc/default/grub based on a guide for configuring the zenbook. This is the relevant line:

Code: Select all

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash pcie_aspm=force drm.vblankoffdelay=1 i915.semaphores=1 acpi_osi='!Windows 2012'"
Do have another suggested modification?

When running /lib/udev/keymap, it seems to allow me to type keys and it prints when they register. None of the function keys seem to produce any output here, but all except the keyboard backlight do work.

Here is the contents of the /lib/udev/keymaps directory:

acer
acer-aspire_5720
acer-aspire_5920g
acer-aspire_6920
acer-aspire_8930
acer-travelmate_c300
asus
compaq-e_evo
dell
dell-latitude-xt2
everex-xt5000
force-release
fujitsu-amilo_li_2732
fujitsu-amilo_pa_2548
fujitsu-amilo_pro_edition_v3505
fujitsu-amilo_pro_v3205
fujitsu-amilo_si_1520
fujitsu-esprimo_mobile_v5
fujitsu-esprimo_mobile_v6
genius-slimstar-320
hewlett-packard
hewlett-packard-2510p_2530p
hewlett-packard-compaq_elitebook
hewlett-packard-pavilion
hewlett-packard-presario-2100
hewlett-packard-tablet
hewlett-packard-tx2
ibm-thinkpad-usb-keyboard-trackpoint
inventec-symphony_6.0_7.0
lenovo-3000
lenovo-ideapad
lenovo-thinkpad-usb-keyboard-trackpoint
lenovo-thinkpad_x200_tablet
lenovo-thinkpad_x6_tablet
lg-x110
logitech-wave
logitech-wave-cordless
logitech-wave-pro-cordless
maxdata-pro_7000
medion-fid2060
medionnb-a555
micro-star
module-asus-w3j
module-ibm
module-lenovo
module-sony
module-sony-old
module-sony-vgn
olpc-xo
onkyo
oqo-model2
samsung-other
samsung-sq1us
samsung-sx20s
toshiba-satellite_a100
toshiba-satellite_a110
toshiba-satellite_m30x
zepto-znote
And keymap rules:

# Set model specific hotkey keycodes.
#
# Key map overrides can be specified by either giving scancode/keyname pairs
# directly as keymap arguments (if there are just one or two to change), or as
# a file name (in /lib/udev/keymaps), which has to contain scancode/keyname
# pairs.

ACTION=="remove", GOTO="keyboard_end"
KERNEL!="event*", GOTO="keyboard_end"
ENV{ID_INPUT_KEY}=="", GOTO="keyboard_end"
SUBSYSTEMS=="bluetooth", GOTO="keyboard_end"

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", IMPORT{builtin}="usb_id"
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", GOTO="keyboard_usbcheck"
GOTO="keyboard_modulecheck"

#
# The following are external USB keyboards
#

LABEL="keyboard_usbcheck"

ENV{ID_VENDOR}=="Genius", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="0708", ENV{ID_USB_INTERFACE_NUM}=="01", RUN+="keymap $name genius-slimstar-320"
ENV{ID_VENDOR}=="Logitech*", ATTRS{name}=="Logitech USB Multimedia Keyboard", RUN+="keymap $name logitech-wave"
ENV{ID_VENDOR}=="Logitech*", ATTRS{name}=="Logitech USB Receiver", RUN+="keymap $name logitech-wave-cordless"
# Logitech Cordless Wave Pro looks slightly weird; some hotkeys are coming through the mouse interface
ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="046d", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="c52[9b]", ATTRS{name}=="Logitech USB Receiver", RUN+="keymap $name logitech-wave-pro-cordless"

ENV{ID_VENDOR}=="Lite-On_Technology_Corp*", ATTRS{name}=="Lite-On Technology Corp. ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint", RUN+="keymap $name lenovo-thinkpad-usb-keyboard-trackpoint"
ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="04b3", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="301[89]", RUN+="keymap $name ibm-thinkpad-usb-keyboard-trackpoint"

ENV{ID_VENDOR}=="Microsoft", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="00db", RUN+="keymap $name 0xc022d zoomin 0xc022e zoomout"

GOTO="keyboard_end"

#
# The following are exposed as separate input devices with low key codes, thus
# we need to check their input device product name
#

LABEL="keyboard_modulecheck"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}="$attr{[dmi/id]sys_vendor}"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="", GOTO="keyboard_end"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="LENOVO*", KERNELS=="input*", ATTRS{name}=="ThinkPad Extra Buttons", RUN+="keymap $name module-lenovo"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="LENOVO*", KERNELS=="input*", ATTRS{name}=="Lenovo ThinkPad SL Series extra buttons", RUN+="keymap $name 0x0E bluetooth"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="LENOVO*", KERNELS=="input*", ATTRS{name}=="Ideapad extra buttons", RUN+="keymap $name 0x42 f23 0x43 f22"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="ASUS*", KERNELS=="input*", ATTRS{name}=="Asus Extra Buttons", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="W3J", RUN+="keymap $name module-asus-w3j"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="ASUS*", KERNELS=="input*", ATTRS{name}=="Eee PC WMI hotkeys|Asus Laptop Support|Asus*WMI*", RUN+="keymap $name 0x6B f21"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="ASUS*", KERNELS=="input*", ATTRS{name}=="Eee PC Hotkey Driver", RUN+="keymap $name 0x37 f21"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="IBM*", KERNELS=="input*", ATTRS{name}=="ThinkPad Extra Buttons", RUN+="keymap $name module-ibm"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Sony*", KERNELS=="input*", ATTRS{name}=="Sony Vaio Keys", RUN+="keymap $name module-sony"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Acer*", KERNELS=="input*", ATTRS{name}=="Acer WMI hotkeys", RUN+="keymap $name 0x82 f21"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="MICRO-STAR*|Micro-Star*", KERNELS=="input*", ATTRS{name}=="MSI Laptop hotkeys", RUN+="keymap $name 0x213 f22 0x214 f23"

# Older Vaios have some different keys
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Sony*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*PCG-C1*|*PCG-K25*|*PCG-F1*|*PCG-F2*|*PCG-F3*|*PCG-F4*|*PCG-F5*|*PCG-F6*|*PCG-FX*|*PCG-FRV*|*PCG-GR*|*PCG-TR*|*PCG-NV*|*PCG-Z*|*VGN-S360*", ATTRS{name}=="Sony Vaio Keys", RUN+="keymap $name module-sony-old"

# Some Sony VGN/VPC models have yet another one
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Sony*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="VGN-AR71*|VGN-FW*|VGN-Z21*", ATTRS{name}=="Sony Vaio Keys", RUN+="keymap $name module-sony-vgn"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Sony*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="VPC*", ATTRS{name}=="Sony Vaio Keys", RUN+="keymap $name module-sony-vpc"

#
# The following rules belong to standard i8042 AT keyboard with high key codes.
#

DRIVERS=="atkbd", GOTO="keyboard_vendorcheck"
GOTO="keyboard_end"

LABEL="keyboard_vendorcheck"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Dell*", RUN+="keymap $name dell"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Dell*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Inspiron 910|Inspiron 1010|Inspiron 1011|Inspiron 1012|Inspiron 1110|Inspiron 1210", RUN+="keymap $name 0x84 wlan"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Dell*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Latitude XT2", RUN+="keymap $name dell-latitude-xt2"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Compaq*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*E500*|*Evo N*", RUN+="keymap $name compaq-e_evo"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="LENOVO*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_version}=="*3000*", RUN+="keymap $name lenovo-3000"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="LENOVO*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_version}=="ThinkPad X6*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_version}=="* Tablet", RUN+="keymap $name lenovo-thinkpad_x6_tablet"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="LENOVO*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_version}=="ThinkPad X2* Tablet*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_version}=="* Tablet", RUN+="keymap $name lenovo-thinkpad_x200_tablet"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="LENOVO*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_version}=="*IdeaPad*", RUN+="keymap $name lenovo-ideapad"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="LENOVO*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="S10-*", RUN+="keymap $name lenovo-ideapad"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="LENOVO", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_version}=="*IdeaPad Y550*", RUN+="keymap $name 0x95 media 0xA3 play"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="LENOVO", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_version}=="*Lenovo V480*", RUN+="keymap $name 0xf1 f21"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Hewlett-Packard*", RUN+="keymap $name hewlett-packard"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Hewlett-Packard*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*[tT][aA][bB][lL][eE][tT]*", RUN+="keymap $name hewlett-packard-tablet"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Hewlett-Packard*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*[pP][aA][vV][iI][lL][iI][oO][nN]*", RUN+="keymap $name hewlett-packard-pavilion"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Hewlett-Packard*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*Compaq*|*EliteBook*|*2230s*", RUN+="keymap $name hewlett-packard-compaq_elitebook"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Hewlett-Packard*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*Presario*CQ*", RUN+="keymap $name 0xD8 f21 0xD9 f21"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Hewlett-Packard*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*2510p*|*2530p*|HP G60 Notebook PC", RUN+="keymap $name hewlett-packard-2510p_2530p"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Hewlett-Packard*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*[tT][xX]2*", RUN+="keymap $name hewlett-packard-tx2"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Hewlett-Packard", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Presario 2100*", RUN+="keymap $name hewlett-packard-presario-2100"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Hewlett-Packard", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="HP G62 Notebook PC", RUN+="keymap $name 0xB2 www"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Hewlett-Packard", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="HP ProBook*", RUN+="keymap $name 0xF8 rfkill"
# HP Pavillion dv6315ea has empty DMI_VENDOR
ATTR{[dmi/id]board_vendor}=="Quanta", ATTR{[dmi/id]board_name}=="30B7", ATTR{[dmi/id]board_version}=="65.2B", RUN+="keymap $name 0x88 media" # "quick play

# Gateway clone of Acer Aspire One AOA110/AOA150
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Gateway*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*AOA1*", RUN+="keymap $name acer"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Acer*", RUN+="keymap $name acer"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Acer*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Extensa*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*5210*|*5220*|*5610*|*5620*|*5720*", RUN+="keymap $name 0xEE screenlock"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Acer*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="TravelMate*C3[01]0*", RUN+="keymap $name acer-travelmate_c300"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Acer*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="TravelMate*6292*|TravelMate*8471*|TravelMate*4720*|TravelMate*7720*|Aspire 1810T*|AO751h|AO531h", RUN+="keymap $name 0xD9 bluetooth"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Acer*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="TravelMate*4720*", RUN+="keymap $name 0xB2 www 0xEE screenlock"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Acer*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="TravelMate 6593|Aspire 1640", RUN+="keymap $name 0xB2 www 0xEE screenlock"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Acer*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Aspire 6920", RUN+="keymap $name acer-aspire_6920"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Acer*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Aspire 5920G", RUN+="keymap $name acer-aspire_5920g"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Acer*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Aspire 5720*", RUN+="keymap $name acer-aspire_5720"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Acer*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Aspire 8930", RUN+="keymap $name acer-aspire_8930"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Acer*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_serial}=="ZG8*", RUN+="keymap $name acer-aspire_5720"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="*BenQ*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*Joybook R22*", RUN+="keymap $name 0x6E wlan"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="FUJITSU*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*AMILO Pro V3205*", RUN+="keymap $name fujitsu-amilo_pro_v3205"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="FUJITSU*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*AMILO Pa 2548*", RUN+="keymap $name fujitsu-amilo_pa_2548"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="FUJITSU*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*ESPRIMO Mobile V5*", RUN+="keymap $name fujitsu-esprimo_mobile_v5"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="FUJITSU*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*ESPRIMO Mobile V6*", RUN+="keymap $name fujitsu-esprimo_mobile_v6"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="FUJITSU*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*AMILO Pro Edition V3505*", RUN+="keymap $name fujitsu-amilo_pro_edition_v3505"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="FUJITSU*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*Amilo Si 1520*", RUN+="keymap $name fujitsu-amilo_si_1520"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="FUJITSU*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="AMILO*M*", RUN+="keymap $name 0x97 prog2 0x9F prog1"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="FUJITSU*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Amilo Li 1718", RUN+="keymap $name 0xD6 wlan"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="FUJITSU*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="AMILO Li 2732", RUN+="keymap $name fujitsu-amilo_li_2732"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="LG*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*X110*", RUN+="keymap $name lg-x110"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="MEDION*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*FID2060*", RUN+="keymap $name medion-fid2060"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="MEDIONNB", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="A555*", RUN+="keymap $name medionnb-a555"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="MICRO-STAR*|Micro-Star*", RUN+="keymap $name micro-star"

# some MSI models generate ACPI/input events on the LNXVIDEO input devices,
# plus some extra synthesized ones on atkbd as an echo of actually changing the
# brightness; so ignore those atkbd ones, to avoid loops
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="MICRO-STAR*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*U-100*|*U100*|*N033", RUN+="keymap $name 0xF7 reserved 0xF8 reserved"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="INVENTEC", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="SYMPHONY 6.0/7.0", RUN+="keymap $name inventec-symphony_6.0_7.0"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="MAXDATA", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Pro 7000*", RUN+="keymap $name maxdata-pro_7000"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="[sS][aA][mM][sS][uU][nN][gG]*", RUN+="keymap $name samsung-other"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="[sS][aA][mM][sS][uU][nN][gG]*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*SX20S*", RUN+="keymap $name samsung-sx20s"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="[sS][aA][mM][sS][uU][nN][gG]*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="SQ1US", RUN+="keymap $name samsung-sq1us"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="[sS][aA][mM][sS][uU][nN][gG]*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*700Z*", RUN+="keymap $name 0xBA ejectcd 0x96 keyboardbrightnessup 0x97 keyboardbrightnessdown"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="[sS][aA][mM][sS][uU][nN][gG]*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="*90X3A*", RUN+="keymap $name samsung-90x3a"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="TOSHIBA", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="SATELLITE A100", RUN+="keymap $name toshiba-satellite_a100"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="TOSHIBA", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Satellite A110", RUN+="keymap $name toshiba-satellite_a110"
ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="TOSHIBA", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Satellite M30X", RUN+="keymap $name toshiba-satellite_m30x"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="OQO Inc.*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="OQO Model 2*", RUN+="keymap $name oqo-model2"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="ONKYO CORPORATION", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="ONKYOPC", RUN+="keymap $name onkyo"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="ASUS", RUN+="keymap $name asus"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="VIA", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="K8N800", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_version}=="VT8204B", RUN+="keymap $name 0x81 prog1"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Zepto", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="Znote", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_version}=="62*|63*", RUN+="keymap $name zepto-znote"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Everex", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="XT5000*", RUN+="keymap $name everex-xt5000"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="COMPAL", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="HEL80I", RUN+="keymap $name 0x84 wlan"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="OLPC", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="XO", RUN+="keymap $name olpc-xo"

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Alienware*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_name}=="M14xR1", RUN+="keymap $name 0x8A ejectcd"

LABEL="keyboard_end"
The strange thing is that the function keys that control keyboard backlight seem to register somewhat. The HUD for keyboard backlight adjustment pops up when pressed, but the backlight brightness doesn't change. The HUD always indicates it's at 100% even though it isn't and using the function key to decrease keyboard backlight brightness doesn't reduce it.

Any ideas?
roblm
Level 12
Level 12

Post by roblm »

Did you try the other modifications to the grub file. Click on the link below and go to my second post:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=133622

Some other changes not listed in that topic are below:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_osi='!Windows 2012'"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash noapic"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash pcie_aspm=force acpi_backlight=vendor"

Two other newer kernels than the ones you tried are below:

v3.9.6-saucy/
v3.10-rc6-saucy/

I'm trying to get a list of scancode/keyname pairs similar to the list in the link below. Look at the second picture.
http://jablonskis.org/2012/linux-and-samsung-series-laptop-9-fn-keys/

I didn't give you all the correct information on how to do this on my last post.
Press Ctrl+Alt+F1 to enter the virtual console tty1. Type: /lib/udev/findkeyboards
Get the input/event number.

Type: sudo /lib/udev/keymap -i input/eventX
where X is the number you found in the previous step.

Press all the function key combinations such as FN+F1, FN+F2, etc.
Press the Escape key.
You can't use the print screen function here, so use the command:
sudo screendump 1 > screenoutput.txt

Press Ctrl+Alt+F8 to exit the tty1 console.
The file "screenoutput.txt" will be found in your Home directory (/home/username). Post the results.

Finally, run these commands:
cat /lib/udev/keymaps/asus
cat /sys/class/dmi/id/sys_vendor
cat /sys/class/dmi/id/product_name
ls /sys/class/leds/*/*
klaxian
Level 1
Level 1

Post by klaxian »

I haven't forgot about you. I've just been busy with work. I'll get the information you requested and try your suggestions asap. I'll report back. Thanks for the help!

Return to “Hardware Support”