Lefthander - Linux Mint 15, Wacom Bamboo Pen modelCLT 470/K

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rlucas

Lefthander - Linux Mint 15, Wacom Bamboo Pen modelCLT 470/K

Post by rlucas »

I'm a lefty with a newly installed Olivia 64 bit Cinnamon set up, and a Wacom tablet as per subject line. Any advice on A. General Set up, B how to make it work lefthanded would be very welcome. Thanks in advance :?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Favux

Re: Lefthander - Linux Mint 15, Wacom Bamboo Pen modelCLT 47

Post by Favux »

Hi rlucas,

For both see: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=110408 Hmm, I need to do some updating I guess.

And for the Gnome Wacom configuration applet see: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=137161 Not sure if the Mint 15 version handles the ExpressKeys yet or not.
rlucas

Post by rlucas »

Wow! what a lot of info! Everything now up and running except I can't find a way in to alter the tablet to left-handed use. I'd really appreciate a baby-steps walkthrough n this - I'm in a newbie meltdown! Perhaps I should have posted tis in the Newbie section, Thanks in advance.
Favux

Post by Favux »

To use a xsetwacom command first you need to find the device name. So run xinput list in a terminal and post the output. Also some video cards/drivers don't do rotation unless an extra configuration line is added. To identify the videochipset run in a terminal:

Code: Select all

lspci |grep VGA
and post the output.
rlucas

Post by rlucas »

rlucas@rlucas-Inspiron-1501 ~ $ lspci |grep VGA
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RS482M [Mobility Radeon Xpress 200]
rlucas@rlucas-Inspiron-1501 ~ $

There we go.
Favux

Post by Favux »

OK, an ATI/AMD card shouldn't need anything extra now days to respond to a xrandr rotatate command. By the way we're doing "VIII. Flip the tablet for the left-handed" from the HOW TO. But we still need the <device name> from:

xinput list
The xsetwacom command will be in the form of:

xsetwacom set <device name stylus> Rotate half
You want the <device name> that xf86-input-wacom has appended stylus to. Now days that will work for eraser to without specifying eraser. And it would also work for touch if you had a serial device. But you have a usb tablet and with a usb tabet touch is on a separate parent device. So if you want touch rotated also you have to do another xsetwacom command with the <device name> that has touch appended to it. And the <device name> should be in quotes (").
rlucas

Post by rlucas »

Thanks so much. That worked! No I need to read up and find out how and why!

Return to “Hardware Support”