Change Display

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Change Display

Post by linuxviolin »

In a terminal

Code: Select all

sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
then you can add your resolution.... You can also change the 'HorizSync' and 'VertRefresh' depending on your screen :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

You need to install guest additions with VB.
When running LinuxMint5 in VB, go to devices in the top menu, and then to install guest additions. This will mount a cd image to the desktop. Double click the icon, when it opens the files right click in the file manager to hit "open in terminal" from there run "sudo sh VBoxLinuxwhatever.it.is.

Once you reboot the resolution will be whatever the window size is, hit ctrl+F for fullscreen.
proxima_centauri

My understanding is that you are running Mint through VB
It's not a Mint issue, its a virtualbox issue.
You need to install the virtualbox drivers to get the resolution support.

All you need to do is on the top VB menu hit "Devices"-> Install guest additions...
Right click on the icon that appears on the desktop, hit open in terminal and run "sh VBoxLinux(hit TAB it will finish it for you)".
That should be it.
proxima_centauri

The main resolution changer can by found at MintMenu -> Preferences -> Screen Resolution.

The gui you are talkin about using in Ubuntu is included in Mint but I could not find it through MintMenu (maybe someone else knows where it is) but in the meantime you can run that program by launching it in the terminal "sudo displayconfig-gtk.

Hope that helps

Return to “Hardware Support”