Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Diablosblizz
Level 1
Level 1

Support for Logitech T400?

Post by Diablosblizz »

Hi,

Just going to make this short and sweet, has anybody got the Logitech T400 mouse working within Mint? The mouse itself works great, but in Windows I am able to "swipe" back and forth on the small touchpad and it would in turn go Backwards or Forwards (typically in Firefox).

Just wondering if it is at all possible to do this, possibly finding a script that can detect what keystrokes those are and then map them somehow?

Thanks!
Last edited by Diablosblizz on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Support for Logitech mice?

Post by AlbertP »

It's probably doing horizontal scroll when you move your finger that way. You could try this in LibreOffice by zooming in onto a page so far that it's wider than the screen's width.
If the mouse indeed does horizontal scroll when swiping left/right, it should be possible to remap that.

By the way, I think you should change the topic title to include Logitech T400. This topic is not about Logitech mice in general, but about one specific model. Any other Logitech mouse which doesn't have a touch area, works right with Linux.
You can change the title by editing the first post in the topic.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
Diablosblizz
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Support for Logitech T400?

Post by Diablosblizz »

I will check out the scrolling in LibreOffice when I get home. If that is the case, is it anyway possible to map these to something else?

Thank you for your help, and I have changed the topic title.

EDIT: You are correct in the assumption of the default swipe being horizontal scrolling. is there anyway I can change that behavior?
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Please run xinput in terminal to find the ID number of the Logitech mouse (should be listed under "virtual core pointer").

Then you can run:

Code: Select all

xinput --set-button-map <ID of mouse> 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 6 7
Buttons 8/9 Back/Forward and 6/7 Scroll Left/Right are swapped this way. Replace <ID of mouse> with the ID found through xinput.
Diablosblizz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Diablosblizz »

That worked perfectly! Thank you!
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

If the mouse buttons get re-set when you reboot, you can go to Startup Applications and add an entry with the command you used.
Diablosblizz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Diablosblizz »

While this does work perfectly, I am nitpicking and am wondering if it is possible to limit to one "gesture" per second or something. Currently, if you do a long swipe it goes back multiple pages or runs the "button" more than once. Is it possible to filter this and make sure it only goes once? Probably a long shot..

Thanks..

Return to “Hardware Support”