Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
heero yuy82
Level 1
Level 1

two finger scrolling on trackpad does not work

Post by heero yuy82 »

i recently installed linux mint 15 on my laptop after completely messing up steamOS (after wipeing windows because the hard drive was full) and i have found out that my main method of scrolling (two fingers on the trackpad) opening links in new tab (tap on trackpad with two fingers - also works for closing tabs in most browsers) aka two fingers on trackpad = middle mouse button/wheel depending on action

any idea as to how i could turn this on in linux mint 15?

CupOfCoffee
Level 2
Level 2

Re: two finger scrolling on trackpad does not work

Post by CupOfCoffee »

I know of a good application that you can use to manage your trackpad settings, called GPointing.

Try it, see if it works :D

Here is the APT link [url]apt://gpointing-device-settings[/url].

This is a link to its page on the Linux Mint Community website: http://community.linuxmint.com/software ... -settings#.

One even said that this module had even more features than that of Windows!
New PC (using): Lenovo G505s - 6GB RAM, 1TB HHD, AMD A10-5750M Crossfire Graphics.

My Rusty and Trusty Old PC(not in use): Compaq Presario C500 (widescreen) - 2.5GB RAM, 1TB Solid State Hybrid, 1.86 GHz Intel Celeron M 440.

Zalbor
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Zalbor »

Why did you install 15? It's not supported any longer, 13 and 16 are.
Which desktop environment are you using? It could be just a setting.

heero yuy82
Level 1
Level 1

Post by heero yuy82 »

i am using 15 because its the only linux install disk i had to hand after steamOS completely broke on me (i had to log off and then log onto another account but logging off just lead to a blank screen so i had to restart the laptop but that just broke everything)

i have sorted the two finger scrolling thing now its the two finger tapping to equal middle mouse button thing that i need

i think i am using cinnamon

CupOfCoffee
Level 2
Level 2

Post by CupOfCoffee »

This is a way you could determine which desktop environment I'm using.

When logging in, there should be a gear at the top right of the small password box. You should see the options Last, Run XClient script, and either KDE, GNOME, or MATE. Whichever one you see, that's the desktop you're running!

I'm glad you got what you wanted~
New PC (using): Lenovo G505s - 6GB RAM, 1TB HHD, AMD A10-5750M Crossfire Graphics.

My Rusty and Trusty Old PC(not in use): Compaq Presario C500 (widescreen) - 2.5GB RAM, 1TB Solid State Hybrid, 1.86 GHz Intel Celeron M 440.

Return to “Hardware Support”