Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
thomas.raines
Level 1
Level 1

No scaling governors after overclocking

Post by thomas.raines »

First off, I'm not sure if this would be the correct place for this post. But anyways, here it goes:
I just built a new box with:
Asus M5A99 Evo 2.0 motherboard
XFX Radeon R7 260X Graphics card
AMD FX 8250 (Black edition) 8 core processor

In UEFI Bios, I am able to overclock, or underclock, my cpu. However, when I do, the directory /sys/devies/system/cpufreq dno longer present. When I change back to stock cpu frequencies and voltage though, the directory is there and I am able to change my governor as well as monitor the frequencies. I like to run under the default optimized settings for my processor, but I alos like to have the ability to monitor my cpu frequency activity, but more importantly, I would like to be able to change my governor again. But I built this machine with one thing in mind, having the ability to compile android roms and kernel for multiple devices at once with a reduction in the time it takes to do so. On my lappy I can only compile 1 rom at a time in about an hour, totalling 4 hours for the main 4 devices I support.. On my new box, I can compile 4 roms at once in about 40 minutes total.

Does any have any insight or ideas on how I can remain oc'd but still get cpufreq back?
thomas.raines
Level 1
Level 1

Re: No scaling governors after overclocking

Post by thomas.raines »

So no one has nay insight on this?

Return to “Hardware Support”