AOpen Video Driver

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
art_mcclure

AOpen Video Driver

Post by art_mcclure »

Anyone know where I can download a driver for an AOpen M64-AGP video card? Yes! The box is that old.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kurok

Re: AOpen Video Driver

Post by kurok »

my research says that is an old nvidia tnt2 m64 if that is the case you would probably be better off just using the drivers supplied with mint, here is a link to the legacy driver on the nvidia web site. http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRe ... 5626/en-us use at your own risk. be sure to know how to recover your computer if it dosent work. I cant say that it will.
art_mcclure

Post by art_mcclure »

I agree. I want to use the mint17 driver. Where do I find it. Thanks for your help.
eanfrid

Post by eanfrid »

If you just installed Mint 17, the open-source module was installed by default and you are very probabley already using it.
Post the output of:

Code: Select all

inxi -Gx
art_mcclure

Post by art_mcclure »

Thanks all. I sorta got the desktop going with the nvidia drivers and cpu usage is way down. I'll keep trying. Thanks again!

Return to “Hardware Support”