Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
CupOfCoffee
Level 2
Level 2

LM17 - Nexus 7 (2012) not being recognized

Post by CupOfCoffee »

Hello!

I am having problems with Linux Mint and my 2012 Nexus 7. Upon connecting my Nexus to my computer via USB, I got no response from Mint concerning the device. I didn't even see it mounted in the file manager. I have tried using gMTP, but to no avail.

Could somebody point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance! :D
New PC (using): Lenovo G505s - 6GB RAM, 1TB HHD, AMD A10-5750M Crossfire Graphics.

My Rusty and Trusty Old PC(not in use): Compaq Presario C500 (widescreen) - 2.5GB RAM, 1TB Solid State Hybrid, 1.86 GHz Intel Celeron M 440.

Incentive I.C
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LM17 - Nexus 7 (2012) not being recognized

Post by Incentive I.C »

Did you click Mount USB from the phone?
The best way to learn from it is break it OS's (is there a plural for OS?) included.

CupOfCoffee
Level 2
Level 2

Post by CupOfCoffee »

Where would that option be?

I am trying to mount my tablet to my computer, not a USB drive to my tablet.

I tried mounting the computer from my tablet using an app I found, and got a message on Mint saying that "LINUX MINT" was unable to be mounted. At least I got a response!
New PC (using): Lenovo G505s - 6GB RAM, 1TB HHD, AMD A10-5750M Crossfire Graphics.

My Rusty and Trusty Old PC(not in use): Compaq Presario C500 (widescreen) - 2.5GB RAM, 1TB Solid State Hybrid, 1.86 GHz Intel Celeron M 440.

Minterator
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Minterator »

As soon as you connect Nexus 7 it should show up in your file manager. If it doesn't, update gvfs, it fixed the problem for me:

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/01/upgrade- ... rt-in.html

You can also access Nexus 7 without USB cable via wifi through ES File Explorer's ftp manager.
Mint 17.3 MATE, kernel 4.11.12

Incentive I.C
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Incentive I.C »

CupOfCoffee wrote:Where would that option be?

I am trying to mount my tablet to my computer, not a USB drive to my tablet.

I tried mounting the computer from my tablet using an app I found, and got a message on Mint saying that "LINUX MINT" was unable to be mounted. At least I got a response!
It should pop up in the notifaction menu.
If that doesn't work try going to disks and see if the device is aleast listed there.
The best way to learn from it is break it OS's (is there a plural for OS?) included.

Return to “Hardware Support”