Dell e6420 any issues with HDMI output to external monitor

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mountainhick

Dell e6420 any issues with HDMI output to external monitor

Post by mountainhick »

I have had great luck in general from Dell refurb laptops, until the last one, but it had extenuating circumstances. we had a lightning strike and the vga and display port hardware got fried, along with our TV's vga input. Everything else still works fine, but we can not output video to another screen. I tried using a USB to hdmi active adapter which sort of worked on the machine in windows (didn't handle the actual screen size), but no go with Mint 17, and no other alternatives that I know of other than replacing the computer. It is not worth replacing the video card as it requires complete disassembley of the laptop and motherboard replacement.

So here's the question: I am looking at picking up a Dell e6420 to use instead as a streaming source for HDMI. It has an HDMI output. Are there any issues running this with Mint 17 XFCE?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mountainhick

Re: Dell e6420 any issues with HDMI output to external monit

Post by mountainhick »

I guess this model isn't popular here with Mint users.

I bought it, hope it works.

Return to “Hardware Support”