Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
zippytex
Level 2
Level 2

suspend and resume on Dell mini

Post by zippytex »

I have a Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 that I installed LinuxMint 17 on. When I shut the lid it seems to suspend, but when I open it the light flashes like it will resume but then goes out and stays out and I have to do a shut down. I am hoping that you guys and gals have an answer that Windows did not. I tried everything they told me, reinstalled windows starter 7 and installed the drivers in a certain order, etc. Nothing worked. I am not alone, entering the subject above in a search field will give you plenty of discouraged people. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get it to resume after suspend in LinuxMint? Or, even to resume after hibernation.
Thanks a lot for your help. Mary

LindseyD.
Level 4
Level 4

Re: suspend and resume on Dell mini

Post by LindseyD. »

I had a smilar issue, and when googling to find the answer, it turns out there are problems with both Nvidia and AMD graphics drivers. So your first step is to find out which one you have.

Code: Select all

inxi -G
Mint17 KDE

zippytex
Level 2
Level 2

Post by zippytex »

Graphics: Card: Intel Atam Processor D4xx/D5xx/N4xx/N5xx Integrated Graphics Controller
X.org: 1.15.1 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) tty size: 80x24
Advanced Data:Root

I do not know what this means or what it does with suspend/wake. I can hibernate and resume from hibernation, but it takes as long as a hard boot.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

LindseyD.
Level 4
Level 4

Post by LindseyD. »

I don't know exactly what it means either. Sorry. But I did google your subject line, adding the word Linux and found lots of posts about it. Some of them are marked Solved. You might want to start here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2086112.
Mint17 KDE

Return to “Hardware Support”