/dev/parport0 disappeared

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

hey guys...

you might recall a previous thread where I was desperately trying to setup a parallel port scanner and ended up doing it by changing the config of the sane backend to
port /dev/parport0

now... I went and try to use the scanner and it doesn't work... how inSANE... :evil:

I've also noticed that my /dev/parport0 doesn't exist anymore.... I suppose this is probably the reason, but why did this happen, and what do I do to fix it????

EDIT:
I actually realised that my parport0 is recreated by running the ppdiag diagnostic script... huh?? :shock: http://umax1220p.sourceforge.net/ppdiag
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nick »

I actually realised that my parport0 is recreated by running the ppdiag diagnostic script...
Why not include it in your startup scripts? :)

Nick
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

thought some1 who knows stuff might take a look at it and shorten it down to the necessary stuff (loose the diagnostic) and than I can include it...
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem

Return to “Hardware Support”