Debounce Mouse?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bronze Globe
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Debounce Mouse?

Post by Bronze Globe »

I've tried the instructions on blog.guntram.de/?p=16 like oggan did, and like oggan, the fourth line of the commands he lists fails for me in the same way. I do get the 2.8.2 version of the package, however, not 2.10.1. Anyway, it still lacks the evdev-debounce.patch file.

When I tried what was suggested in hanspr's posts, installing a newer version of libinput, gdebi says I have dependencies that are not satisfiable. It seems that libinput10_1.10.5-1_i386.deb needs libevdev2 of at least 1.3, mine is 1.0.99.2+dfsg-2ubuntu2, and libinput-bin_1.10.5-1_i386.deb needs libwacom2 of at least 0.22, mine is 0.8-1.
tundra

Post by tundra »

I have tried updating the libinput to the 1.10-7 family. It seems slightly better, but the mouses I have must be super noisy because there is still some middle click ghosting.

It would be REALLY nice if this was a tunable somewhere...
inglegs22

Post by inglegs22 »

Linux Mint 18.3 users may find this pre-built package useful:
https://github.com/asvilabs/linux/blob/ ... _amd64.deb

After installing, reboot once and do this:

Code: Select all

xinput --list|grep -i mouse
⎜ ↳ SEMICCHIP Usb Mouse id=11 [slave pointer (2)]

Note the id of your mouse. Mine is 11.

Set the mouse debounce time (in milli-seconds I believe) :

xinput --set-prop 11 "Evdev Debounce Delay" 200
It fixed double click to some extent on my cheap unbranded mouse. But it didn't fix select-and-drag gesture. I never had this problem before with Logitek mice on any OS / machine combination. I suggest don't buy cheap $2-$5 mices. Their firmwares are supposed to do the denouncing. Cheap companies don't bother writing good firmwares.
Last edited by inglegs22 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inglegs22

Post by inglegs22 »

I had built above .deb files from this patch: https://github.com/yuyuyak/input-evdev-debounce.patch

If you want to automate debounce fix setting on login, you may find following script useful:

#! /bin/bash
#Auto-detect mouse device id
export `xinput list | grep -i mouse | awk '{ print $6 }'`
#Optionally specify Name of your mouse device as listed by 'xinput list' command
#id="SEMICCHIP Usb Mouse"
xinput --set-prop "$id" "Evdev Debounce Delay" 100
true
You need to call this script from ~/.bashrc or similar startup script.

Debounce delay set to 100 and Double-Click timeout set to around 40%, solved the problem to some extent.

Return to “Hardware Support”