Bluetooth can send file to Android Nexus 5x but cannot send file back to my Linux Mint 18

Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
jjmk
Level 1
Level 1

Bluetooth can send file to Android Nexus 5x but cannot send file back to my Linux Mint 18

Post by jjmk »

connecting my android phone to my linux mint 18 on my toshiba satellite computer is easy and that never worked before LM18.

I can send files to my phone but not the other way.
When sending files to my computer from phone I get the error "file wasn't sent" Unknown file reason: Request can't be handled correctly.

Anyone know how to fix this so I can send images from my phone to my computer?

Also I would like to know the command to change the receiving folder.
JeremyB
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Bluetooth can send file to Android Nexus 5x but cannot send file back to my Linux Mint 18

Post by JeremyB »

Search programs for personal file sharing
There you can enable receive files over bluetooth and change the folder
jjmk
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Bluetooth can send file to Android Nexus 5x but cannot send file back to my Linux Mint 18

Post by jjmk »

JeremyB wrote:Search programs for personal file sharing
There you can enable receive files over bluetooth and change the folder
I searched and within Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon there is no program "personal file sharing"
JeremyB
Level 20
Level 20

Post by JeremyB »

Might have to look at filing a bug with Cinnamon about that as personal file sharing was in LM 17, 17.1, 17.2, 17.3 and Ubuntu 16.04 and that is where you had to enable receiving files over bluetooth

The program blueman may be an option
JeremyB
Level 20
Level 20

Post by JeremyB »

Blieman does work in Linux Mint, you have to click on the blueman icon and select local services and then choose transfer to enable bluetooth file receiving

Return to “Hardware Support”