implementing a Samsung 850 PRO SATA III SSD 256GB

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
benchrest
Level 3
Level 3

implementing a Samsung 850 PRO SATA III SSD 256GB

Post by benchrest »

First, I have no experience with SSD's. But it would seem from a little research that most all the documentation on the web as how to set up an SSD are obsolete. Researching the above SSD it appears I only have to physically install it and then install my whole system, Linux mint, software and data on the SSD. I can use my existing HHD for backup only. Am I wrong? It has a 10 year warranty and the literature states I can write 40 GB a day for 10 years without damaging it. The write and read speeds are much faster than the HHD I am using now. My HHD has about 150GB on it so the 256GB model should be plenty. I don't seem to find any documentation written in the last few months on installing a SSD.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LM Cinnamon 19, ASUS TUF B450M, Ryzen 5 2600x, 16gb memory, Samsung SSD 970 EVO-Plus 500gb, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256gb, dual 27" monitors, MSI GEFORCE GTX 1050ti Areo ITX. Big user of Gramps, LibreOffice, Unison.
z31fanatic
Level 5
Level 5

Re: implementing a Samsung 850 PRO SATA III SSD 256GB

Post by z31fanatic »

benchrest wrote: Researching the above SSD it appears I only have to physically install it and then install my whole system, Linux mint, software and data on the SSD.
Yes, that's all there is to it.

Return to “Hardware Support”