Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
BarryT
Level 1
Level 1

Acer C710 touchpad not working

Post by BarryT »

I just installed Mint 18 sarah on a C710 that previously ran Ubuntu. The trackpad doesn't work. I have read a lot of posts on the net on possible solutions; so far, nothing works. My next attempt is trying to edit a file /etc/modprobe.d/chrome.conf as root from the command line using nano. I enter the desired text in the nano gui box (softdep chromeos-laptop pre: i2c-i801 i2c-dev post: cyapa) and close it. I could not find a "save" function before closing it. It seems that the text is not saved, and the touchpad still does not work. Any ideas would be appreciated.

jimallyn
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Acer C710 touchpad not working

Post by jimallyn »

To run nano with elevated privileges, start it with sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/chrome.conf. To save the file, hit Ctrl O or I think F3 also saves the file. I don't know if adding that to the file will fix your problem, but at least now you can save the file and find out.

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

BarryT
Level 1
Level 1

Post by BarryT »

That worked, thanks jimallyn. Touchpad works fine, now.

Subito Piano
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Subito Piano »

BarryT -- I just installed lubuntu on my son's old Chromebook when his laptop died. How did you edit the code to get the touchpad working correctly? I got it to "wor," but it's jittery.
Thanks!

Return to “Hardware Support”