Bluetooth issue "Bastien's computer"

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mentiroso

Bluetooth issue "Bastien's computer"

Post by Mentiroso »

Installed LM18 Cinnamon two days ago, first all worked fine incl. BTmouse but now in BT setting my pc is visible as "Bastian's computer", and BTmouse and other BT devices won't connect anymore. A search on www. found this https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1571262
Need help, want to go with Linux, but still not a lot of experience.
And i don't want to reinstall.
System: Acer E3-111, Intel N2930, 8GB RAM, Crucial SSD 248GB

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Bluetooth issue "Bastien's computer"

Post by JeremyB »

Have you tried

Code: Select all

rfkill block bluetooth
Followed by

Code: Select all

rfkill unblock bluetooth
To see if Bastien has changed
Mentiroso

Post by Mentiroso »

tried all, after several reboots and uninstalling Intel microcode (without that USB3 doesn't work) worked again, but a new reboot shows the same issue. Some people on www said Bastien is a great developer, but the problem exists since april, ciao Mint and all Debian related
dsiddens
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dsiddens »

I ran the two lines of code with bluetooth turned off and when restarted the correct computer name now shows. However, the window on the computer for my samsung sm-g930v shows "connection off" and will not accept "on". The phone shows the correct name for the computer but transfers fail.

Return to “Hardware Support”