How come my bluetooth adapter does not connect to mint?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gtludwig
Level 1
Level 1

How come my bluetooth adapter does not connect to mint?

Post by gtludwig »

Hi all,

I having a strange problem with bluetooth adapter on my system. I'm using Linux Mint Cinammon 18.1 64bit.

What happens is that when I try to connect my Bose QC35 headphones it connects, but I can't get sound through it.

I tried doing the following:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get purge pulseaudio-module-bluetooth bluetooth bluez-* bluez
sudo apt-get install blueman bluez pulseaudio-module-bluetooth --install-suggests
pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover
Then I rebooted and but it really doesn't connects.

Happy to provide further information!

Cheers
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: How come my bluetooth adapter does not connect to mint?

Post by JeremyB »

Use blueman to connect to the headphones, then right click on the headphones and go to audio profile and select off, then disconnect from the headphones, reconnect and select audio profile A2DP and see if they work
bgoodwin91006
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bgoodwin91006 »

I am having a similar problem. My bluetooth headphones connect but when I try playing anything (youtube vid, banshee music file, etc) the application freezes. It doesn't crash but the video frame freezes or the audio progress bar doesn't move. I am running 64bit xfce v18.1. As soon as I switch back to regular audio jack headphones or even just disconnect the bluetooth headphones everything goes back to running. I know these headphones work ok because I can use them with my smartphone. These headphones are new so this is my first attempts at using them on my Mint system.

It almost feels like a device driver issue where the app goes to sleep waiting for a response back that never comes.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

BTW, I tried all the stuff in the previous posts. No joy.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

You could try this command after replacing the MAC address with the MAC address of your bluetooth headphones in 2 places

Code: Select all

pacmd set-card-profile `pacmd list-cards | grep bluez_card -B1 | grep index | awk '{print $2}'` off; sleep 2 ; echo -e "disconnect AC:9B:0A:4F:CA:FF\n quit"|bluetoothctl;sleep 5; echo -e "connect AC:9B:0A:4F:CA:FF\n quit"|bluetoothctl; sleep 5; pacmd set-card-profile `pacmd list-cards | grep bluez_card -B1 | grep index | awk '{print $2}'` a2dp_sink
bgoodwin91006
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bgoodwin91006 »

That seems to have gotten the headphones properly configured into the system. The 'pulseaudio volume control' app sees the headphones under the 'configuration' tab and I can set it to be the active output. When I go to the 'applications' tab, there are are two applications showing; 'system sounds' and 'Banshee'. The system sounds are working and I can actually hear the beeps etc associated with some mouse actions. The Banshee volume setting is ghosted out and there is no sound from playing music. Banshee does work ok with the builtin audio device. I'm at a loss as to where to go from here.

EDIT: 02/20/17
The problem exists with Banshee and VLC but sound works fine with xmedia and Firefox videos. I guess I'll let it go with that.
Orzeszty

Post by Orzeszty »

I hacve similliar problem.
When i pairing my headphones, after just i think 10s it's going to unpair and i can;t pair it again. I must delete it from the list. But the same situation is going again and again.

Return to “Hardware Support”