HP 2013 Ultraslim Docking Station DisplayPort (DP) Hub Firmware

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zapan

HP 2013 Ultraslim Docking Station DisplayPort (DP) Hub Firmware

Post by Zapan »

Product Name: HP Elitebook folio 9470m
Operating System: Mint 18

Hi

I own a Elitbook Folio 9470m and a 2013 Ultraslim Docking Station.
On the Elitebook I run Linux (Mint 18).
The Dockingstatioin never showed the BIOS/UEFI output on the Screen. (Screen stays black until OS loads. I found an article saying this is a known problem for some Notebooks and the solution is to update the BIOS. I am already on the newest BIOS-version and the Problem Persists. This is the article I found: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/publ ... -c05047623 but it does not mention the Folio 9470m as a model that suffers this problem)
Since I use a Harddrive Password this is annoying, because I have to type the password without corresponding screen output and cannot enter the UEFI while the Laptop is docked.
I recently found out that there is an update for the Dockingstations Displayport HUB which I guess could fix my Problem. ( found here: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/publ ... =4158#tab2 )
Sadly this Update is only provided as an EXE file, which I cannot run on Linux (I really don't want to try a Hardware firmwareupdate over WINE).
For Bios updates for example there are other ways to perform these under linux, as for example to create a USB stick over which the Update can be done.
Is there a Way to update the Firmware of my Dockingstation running Linux, for example over a VM? (Other than installing Windows on my Elitebook just to perform the update, which I will not do...)

Best regards
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cessanfrancisco

Re: HP 2013 Ultraslim Docking Station DisplayPort (DP) Hub Firmware

Post by cessanfrancisco »

I'd like to resurrect this thread. I am having the same issue with the same model laptop (HP 9470m).

I have updated the BIOS using a USB stick so I would imagine there must be a similar way of updating the firmware.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to install the firmware?

Thanks.

Return to “Hardware Support”