Questions about hardware,drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Marvin2Shoes
Level 1
Level 1

Bluetooth mouse on Linux Mint 18

Postby Marvin2Shoes » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:03 am

This problem started ages ago on Kubuntu and continued onto Mint 16. I have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse which, In the beginning was connectable by replacing the standard Bluetooth software with Blueman. After changing from Mint 17.3 to 18 the Blueman fix no longer worked and the mouse now connects but very soon after stops responding. I reconnect it and it stops again. I trawled through the endless previous entries made by incredibly patient users. I finally find that editing input.conf and main.conf fixes the problem and then I find there is a system update, which I do, which after a reboot finds my mouse stalling again. By the way this is the only mouse I have ever had that had a haptic feedback "wheel" that can move horizontal scrolls as well as vertical. Other mouses pale in comparison.
I know for a fact that Windoze 10 doesn't know what my HDMI connected Samsung TV is, although Linux Mint never has a problem with it. Even windoze works with this mouse.... why is Linux having so much trouble? Will removing the name Microsoft from every conf file fix this problem that has been going on for over two years now. Windows is dead to me and I love Linux (esp. Mint) but it is beyond ridiculous how many people are having trouble with Bluetooth devices on Linux. Maybe there is a USB-Bluetooth receiver I can buy that will work with Mint without me having to throw this mouse in the garbage... URGENT... can anybody help????

Marvin2Shoes
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Bluetooth mouse on Linux Mint 18

Postby Marvin2Shoes » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:51 pm

After the third installation of Blueman my mouse is working again. Here's hoping the next update doesn't stop it again :roll: There also may be an issue with these mouses when using rechargeable batteries - they seem to stay connected more reliably with new, fully charged batteries.... just an observation.

Marvin2Shoes
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Marvin2Shoes » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:40 am

And a day later after no updates the mouse is intermittently disconnecting again. I have ruled out batteries by buying brand new ones. The mouse is perfect on Windoze 10 but has a panic attack when connected to Mint 18.1 KDE.
Still haven't found a fix that works.

niko_3100
Level 1
Level 1

Postby niko_3100 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:47 pm

I have the same problem with a brand new Logitech Bluetooth m535 mouse, it connects find but with a lot of lag, stuttering and if I do not use for example like 5 minutes the mouse just disconnect, really annoying... Could not find any solution yet. I have a dell xps 13 9350 with broadcom wireless/BT card.

Return to “Hardware Support”